Food Sensitivity Testing
Do you suspect you suffer from food sensitivities? Have you tried various elimination diets with little or no success? Then MRT may be for you. MRT stands for Mediator Release Test. MRT is a blood test that can monitor for up to 150 different food and chemical sensitivities. The test tells you which foods and chemicals cause an inflammatory reaction in your body. By eliminating the foods you are most reactive to and eating more of the foods you are least reactive to, your body can begin to heal. There are many medical conditions that food sensitivities may be related to:
- Crohn’s Disease
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Inflammatory Arthritis
Even so called healthy food like broccoli, strawberries, or salmon can cause an inflammatory reaction within your body. MRT takes the guesswork out of the equation and provides you with a personalized roadmap to help get your body back into balance. This package is a long term investment in your health and requires at least a 2 month commitment. Healing your body with whole foods can take time compared to the quick fix of over the counter medication. I will be your guide and support during this challenging but rewarding process. This is my most comprehensive package.
What to expect:
- An integrative whole-food based approach
- A lab kit sent directly to your house. I will help you find a phlebotomist in your area to draw your blood. This may cost you about $25
- In the beginning you will be eating your least reactive foods. Then gradually we will begin reintroducing foods back into your diet
- A commitment of 2-4 weeks to begin to see improvements in your symptoms (i.e- diarrhea, constipation, mood, pain)
- Recording your intake in a food journal to monitor symptoms and moods
- Be prepared to be make food from scratch (I recommend prior cooking experience)
- Mediator release test of 150 different food and chemicals
- Lab kit sent directly to your house
- A 60 page booklet and MRT results: This book provides you with recipe ideas, food substitution lists, menu planner, and food sources of common chemicals.
- 60 Minute initial consultation: During this session we will go over your personalized MRT results and develop a menu plan that works within your dietary guidelines. After this session you will begin Phase 1 of your diet.
- Consult 2 (30-60 minutes)- After about 9-11 days we will meet again to discuss your progress. Many people experience significant improvements in their symptoms at this point. If symptoms persist we will review your food diary and make tweaks in your diet if necessary. Many people begin Phase 2 of their diet after this consult. We will discuss how to safely reintroduce food items back into your diet
- Consult 3 & 4 (15-30 minutes each)- We will continue to track your progress. As your diet progresses through the stages your diet will become more liberalized. As you reintroduce food items back into your diet you may experience a negative symptom which is why it is important to keep a food journal.
- Consult 5- (30-45 minutes)- We will meet 6-8 weeks after starting the program and develop a plan for lifetime eating to help prevent future food sensitivities from emerging. You will continue to add more foods back into your diet.
- Email support- During this program you will have email access to me to answer any questions you may have along the way.
Contact me to set up a free 20 minute consultation to see if this package is for you.
Lets Work Together
If you want to find out if the Heal Your Gut Package is for you, fill out the symptom survey below. Within 72 hours, I will contact you to schedule a complimentary 20 min phone consult where we’ll review the results, assess whether food sensitivities may be playing a role in your condition, and see if you will benefit from this package.