I love breakfast! Sometimes I feel like having a savory breakfast and other times I enjoy a sweet taste in the morning. When I am in the “sweet mood” I enjoy preparing Chocolate Banana Pancakes. They are easy, high in fiber and best of all taste delicious. Serve with an egg and you will have a yummy breakfast that will keep you satisfied all the way until lunch.
- 1 cup of Kodiak Cakes Frontier Flapjack & Waffle Mix (You can find this in Raley’s or order online)
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium bananas, sliced thinly
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 Tbsp of Nutella
- Mix all the ingredients together except for Nutella. Heat griddle to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray if needed.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup of batter mix onto griddle and cook until bubbles begin to rise in batter. Then flip, and cook an additional 1 minute on the other side or until golden brown. Remove from griddle.
- Next spread 1/3 of mixture on top off one pancake and then stack another pancake on top, like a sandwich. This creates 1 serving. Repeat with remaining pancakes for an additional 2 servings. Garnish with extra bananas or other fruit if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition information (not including nuts): Calories: 233, Fat: 3.1g, Carbohydrates: 48.7 g, Fiber: 6.2 g, Protein: 8.4